Clarify users / roles management

Feb 17, 2015 at 5:50 PM
I am reviewing several interesting blogs about MVC, Identity, and Users and Roles management. That is all well and good. Perhaps I am missing something, it still seems to me that at some level privileges to application functionality need to be mapped somewhere, and that at some level these must be predetermined, i.e. by application architects, designers, implementers, and so on. Anything else seems academic, if useless, unless the users/roles are actually applied within the application in some way, shape, or form. Yes, no? Opinions, recommendations? Thank you...
Feb 17, 2015 at 5:56 PM
For instance, the AuthorizeAttribute, in which you are still hard coding Roles by name, yes? Then it makes no sense to handle dynamic role names at all, at least not without additional information. According to at least one SO, in another instance, it sounds like so-called 'features', is another facet of the identity domain model which should receive more than a little attention. i.e. that somewhere in the Roles creation/editing process, there ought to be ways to align those roles with desirable features.